Program Manager – Open Innovation
Start date 01/11/2022
Location Washington–Baltimore Metropolitan Area
L Marks is powering corporate innovation, bridging the gap between startups and corporates. We’re on the hunt for a Program Manager to join the team and help lead one of our upcoming innovation labs in Maryland.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant work Visas/Work Permits
We’re a fast-growing company, working with some of the world’s biggest companies to support their innovation efforts and invest in the most promising startups in the industry.
L Marks has built the UK’s largest network of startup partnership programs and has established a significant footprint in the US, running numerous programs for companies including American Electric Power, BMW and Volvo. We’re now looking for a proactive Program Manager to join the team to help support our growing presence in the US.
You will be:
- Supporting the launch and delivery of upcoming programmes to ensure startups meet objectives set with the client;
- Developing long-term relationships with our clients and their internal teams to support agile project delivery;
- Acting as a knowledgeable advisor to the partner in how to deliver an innovation program;
- Assist with scouting potential teams for the program if needed;
- Ensuring that high standards of quality are upheld;
- Monitoring progress of the program and routinely assessing for risks;
- Providing clear analysis and reporting on program status throughout project delivery;
- Overseeing the costs of each assigned program and ensuring it runs to budget;
- Our friendly face on the ground to help startups connect effectively with our corporate partners.
As a company, we’re constantly reviewing new opportunities and adapting our process. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to collaborate with different departments of the business and truly own your own work. The right person will be keen to learn quickly and have strong ambitions to build a career in the corporate innovation space.
You should have:
- At least 2 years of project management or other relevant experience;
- Experience working with clients and delivering value to them;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization;
- Clear understanding and experience of corporate innovation, technology, and the opportunity of startup collaboration;
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work efficiently to tight timelines while paying strict attention to detail;
- Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and client relationship management;
- Fantastic people skills and strong emotional intelligence;
- A demonstrable interest in entrepreneurship and early-stage businesses.
In return for joining the team you will receive:
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Annual leave allowance;
- Birthday gifted as an extra day of leave;
- 1 gifted volunteer day per year;
- Budget for learning courses and professional development;
- Wellness hour and employee assistance program access.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture at L Marks and are eager to receive applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Every applicant will receive equal consideration for employment without discrimination
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.Apply now